Are you looking for a fun and rewarding internship this summer? We are currently searching for our next summer intern! Outgoing and energetic individuals are needed for this position. Develop and implement fun, educational and interactive programs for our museum audience. Assist the Education Director in scheduled outreach programs on or off museum property. Encourage positive interaction between children and adults. We are looking for the best and brightest to deliver dynamite programs to kids of all ages. You’ll receive hands-on experience in the Educational Programs department. This is an unpaid internship. Must be a team player and a great sense of humor is a plus. Prior experience teaching or working with children in an informal setting is encouraged. Must currently be enrolled in College or University.
Sound awesome? Download the intern application here: http://bit.ly/i0tQzY and email it along with a resume to Loni.Wellman@cmom.com
here's a little more info!
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Educational Program Duties and Responsibilities
• Facilitates scheduled learning labs on or off museum property
• Assists Education Manager in developing and implementing new educational programs
• Participates as directed in implementation of programs developed by the Program Manager
• Creates fun, educational, and interactive programs and executes them effectively
• Key figure in Preparation of program materials, activity set up, clean up, and re-organization and inventory of supplies
• Encourages positive interaction between children and adults
• Attends staff meetings as assigned
• Stays informed and current about museum activities and events Other
• Exhibits a willingness to perform whatever duties are necessary, even if not specifically stated in job description • Supports the mission, core values and philosophy of The Children’s Museum of Memphis and adheres to all work rules, policies and procedures.
• Other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Experience
• Currently enrolled in College or University
• Prior experience teaching or working with children in a program setting • Excellent verbal and interpersonal communications skills
• High Energy, stamina and enthusiasm for informal education
• Ability to manage multiple tasks